Membership is the lifeblood of the MCA&F. Members benefit by staying connected to the Corps and by being part of an Association that fosters the spirit, and preserves the rich traditions of the United States Marine Corps throughout the Marine Corps family. Many MCA&F members feel that being part of the Association is a way to give something back to the Corps and the men and women that serve so valiantly today; an opportunity for veterans and retirees to share the duty, honor, and commitment of the past with today’s Marines. But beyond the history and connection, membership offers many tangible benefits.
The Marine Corps Gazette is the professional journal for ALL Marines. Written by Marines for Marines since its inception in 1916, it provides a forum for expression and debate on issues, concepts and matters that advance knowledge, interest, skills and esprit within the Corps.
Leatherneck is the premiere magazine of the United States Marine Corps…yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Leatherneck’s well-written articles focus on all Marines – where they serve, their programs, equipment used, uniforms worn and operational commitments undertaken. Leatherneck features articles on the rich history and traditions of the Corps and those legendary Marines who made our Corps what it is today.
Other member benefits include:
Member Value Pricing
Members receive discounts on the majority of items sold at our retail component: The MARINE Shop in Quantico and in Camp Lejeune, and online at www.marineshop.net We serve your needs with:
- Uniform Requirements* - expert tailoring
- Professional Reading
- Military Books
- Medal Mounting
- Sword Repair
- Engraving Services
- Birthday Ball Supplies
- USMC Memorabilia
- Casual Apparel
- Gifts with Marine Flair
- Unique Souvenirs
*Available at The Marine Shop in Quantico and online at www.marineshop.net only
Profits derived from MCA&F’s retail outlets support Marines and Marine sponsored programs provided by MCA&F.
Members will find all of the titles on the Commandant’s Reading List available at MCA&F retail establishments. In addition, MCA&F ’s charitable arm, Marine Corps Association Foundation hosts several Professional Military Education (PME) events annually and members receive reduced member rates.
USAA is one of the leading companies providing financial planning, insurance, investments and banking products to members of the US military and their families. The MCA&F Mastercard, available through USAA, allows you to further support MCA&F programs with each purchase you make.
Financial / Banking - www.usaa.com/mca phone 877-651-6272
Credit Card - www.usaa.com/mcacc phone 877-651-6272
Competitive insurance plans are available to all MCA&F members through the MCA&F Group Benefits Program and offers several coverage types:
- Tricare Supplement
- Hospital Income Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Cancer Plan
- Short-Term Medical
- Emergency Assistance Plus
For more information click Here or call 1-800-368-5682
MCA&F archives is a free service to members (non-members pay $4.00 per article) and date back to 1916. When researching material turn to Marine Corps Gazette and Leatherneck.
Corps Daily News keeps you updated on the latest information impacting all Marines – active duty, veteran, retiree, reservists and their families – everyday! Information is gathered from a large number of sites and made available to members in one place for ease of navigation. For situational awareness read Corps Daily News everyday.
Affinity Program Discounts
Log in as an MCA&F member to get access to the Affinity Program Discounts available.
- Car Rental Discounts from Avis and Hertz – low rates from two of the industry leaders.
- Discounts from Dell and Apple – Dell discount range from 2 – 12 percent off Dell advertised prices depending on purchase price and warranty length. Apple provides great discount on Apple Computer products including the iPod and free shipping on purchases over $50.
- Trip Discounts with Military Historical Tours – The Marine Corps Association & Foundation has partnered with Military Historical Tours, Inc. to provide MCA&F members with discounted specialty tours and related travel services that particularly appeal to veterans, military professionals and students of military history. Members receive up to a 10 percent discount on tours of WW I, WW II, the Korean War, and Vietnam War battlegrounds. For more information call 1-800-722-9501
- Reduced Tuition through Grantham University – Established in 1951, Grantham University offers 100% online accredited associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in a range of academic disciplines. In partnership with MCA&F, Grantham University offers all MCA&F members and their dependents a tuition discount and a Textbook and Software Grant. Call 1-800-955-2527 for more information.
- Amazon.com - When searching for special items for a Marine, family member, friend or even yourself, remember to use the MCA&F portal. Purchases made through the Amazon portal on the MCA&F site help your Association. You receive the same value that you would by going directly to Amazon but your Association receives a small commission that goes directly to supporting Marines.
- GovX - This benefit provides MCA&F members with privileged access to a wide range of premium brand products such as sports and fitness equipment, apparel, tactical gear, jewelry, shoes and accessories, at savings of 40% or more below retail.