February 1987

Tax Tips

Volume 70, Issue 2

Remember that if you are a legal resident of a state that requires you to file a state income tax return, filing your federal income tax return does not fulfill this requirement. If you have state tax withheld from your pay, and re due a refund, your money will not be refunded to you until you have filed your state income tax return.

The above chart lists the states that have no income tax, which grant Marines some form of military exemption and which treat Marines the same as civilian taxpayers.

If you are an MCA&F Member

Click here to login and view all Leatherneck and Marine Corps Gazette articles

OR Join the MCA&F to continue reading

By becoming a member of the Marine Corps Association & Foundation, you gain access to the entire library of articles from Leatherneck Magazine and the Marine Corps Gazette. Click here to sign up online and continue reading this article