Committees: Programs Committee
MARINE CORPS CAREER:
03/2006- United States Marine Corps Active Duty, Marine Forces Pacific
08/2008 Command Operations Officer
- Maintained & facilitated Pacific Area of Operation communications and liaison with General Officer staff, and staff agencies throughout the hierarchy of command
- Commanding General’s representative for Combatant Commander and Service requests for information, request for forces, and taskings.
- Built and managed the Commanding General’s daily executive summary, Commander’s semi-weekly update brief, MARFORPAC Operations Semi-weekly briefings, Command daily significant events summaries and the Marine Forces Pacific semi-monthly operational summary.
- Architected and implemented the MARFORPAC SIPR online collaboration suite to provide data tracking, message coordination and situational awareness details for General Officer, staff, and council.
08/1998- United States Marine Corps Reserve, Headquarters Marine Corps
03/2006 Communications Officer; Public Affairs Officer, Division of Public Affairs and C4
- Provided media relations for Joint Task Force - Hurricane Katrina.
- Conducted media relations training for Marine Corps Command and Staff College and Brigadier General Select Officer’s Conference
- Provided briefing and executive information on effective content management and online branding for the Corps.
- Developed & implemented internal/online workflow management for Marine Corps’ Community Relations.
- Represented Marine Corps CIO and HQMC C4 on technology management and Web / online matters.
- Managed the Marine Corps enterprise Web site.
08/1994- United States Marine Corps Active Duty, Headquarters Marine Corps
07/1998 Manpower and Reserve Affairs, MH Division – Action Officer
- Developed the Marine Corps Semper Fit program. o Provided detailed analysis and tracking to CMC on health affairs data.
- Worked direct with the Navy Environmental Health Center, presenting Marine Corps speeches at Joint medical personnel health promotion conferences.
- Voting member of Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test change and evaluation committee.
- Represented the Marine Corps for Delta Dental and United Concordia contracts.
- Revised/ published health promotion policy manuals, lesson training guides, Web site, and marketing plans.
04/1991- United States Marine Corps Active Duty, Marine Corps Air Station New River
08/1994 Commanding Officer and Personnel Officer, PSD 26; MAG 26
- Directed personnel support division responsible for the effective administration of human resources, training, personnel, safety, and logistics departments.
- Managed personnel assignment and tracking issues for a 1400-person organization.
- Maintained pilot & staffing requirements for personnel assignments/worldwide deployments.
- Provided administrative coordination for Marine Aircraft Group Commanding Officer.
Operations and Logistics Officer, Helicopter Pilot, HMM-266
- Directed repair and replacement process for information systems equipment for 350-person organization.
- Coordinated flight operations for helicopter organization of 120 personnel and 12 aircraft.
- Supervised and directed operation of helicopter logistics department.